Happy New Year! I have to say that this year has been the best! I started blogging at the beginning of the year in January and haven't looked back! I first started as a way to keep up with what I am creating and a way to share with friends and family. I felt bad for always posting on Facebook when about 90% didn't really have an interest in what I was creating. It wasn't until March that I finally figured out what the heck I was doing and joined my first quilt-a-long, Virtual Quilting Bee. [I still need to finish that one, but all the blocks are completed so that's still a flimsy finish in my book!] I then joined Zakka 2.0 and a few other quilt-a-longs and met some wonderful new blogging friends along the way. The sewing skills and techniques I learned because of these sew-a-longs are invaluable!
So, in popular end of year blogging style, I give you my top ten viewed post of 2013!
1. Reversible Chevron Baby Quilt with Pattern
2. easy peasy chevron quilt
3. my pretty little GIANT star surround is finished...
4. Nap mat and quilting with minky...
5. Modern Christmas Tree Pillow Tutorial
6. Uptown square...
7. Zakka 2.0 - Happy Hexagon Trivet
8. for the boys: an anniversary man quilt
9.Dorothy Day Tripper...Glamping Style
10. MSBHQAL finish...
And I just couldn't leave out #11 since it was so close to making it...
11. southwest salsa: a free pattern
Things I learned this year:
1. How to blog and gain readers/blogging friends by interacting and participating in hops, quilt/sew-a-longs and visiting/commenting other creative bloggers.
2. How to capture my work with better pictures and editing. If you make something beautiful, make sure you take the time to capture that as well in your photos. Otherwise, that hard work and beauty can be lost to others that take the time to admire your work.
3. How to take my time on a project, big or small. It truly makes a difference in the end. Just relax and enjoy the process.
4. Never stop learning. Try new things to gain more skills. NOTHING is too hard! Join in a sew-a-long or quilt-a-long and you would be surprise how much you will learn along with the help of many others right there with you!
5. Share, share, share! It is so rewarding to get praise and affirmation of things you create. So, even if it's just on facebook, Flickr, or Instagram...SHARE AWAY!
Feel free to add to my list! Thanks again from the bottom of my heart and Happy New Year!